Here is your weekly industry news round-up. Check out the short snippets here and follow below for more details.
- Occupancy rate is an important KPI for hotels as it helps you understand how many rooms are booked and how many are going vacant during each season. Read the first news below why it is very important for hotel industry.
- com has launched its inaugural APAC Travel Confidence Index, which provides a snapshot of how confident consumers feel about exploring the world again, as well as whether they would welcome inbound travel.
- Europe is expected to recover 70% of pre-pandemic travel demand in 2022.
- After two years of restrictions and uncertainties, Americans are all set to hit the road this summer. Returning to pre-pandemic levels, WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council) projected United States’ travel industry to contribute a sum of $2 trillion to the U.S economy in the year 2022.
- With Google Ads – and specifically Search Ads – hoteliers can get their business in front of potential customers and get the right people to their website.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of summer 2022 tourism in Italy, including the top travel trends and hotel opportunities for the second half of 2022.
Reach out to us for discussions regarding connectivity, direct booking, rate intelligence, website design and digital marketing requirements – we are happy to explore new possibilities with you for your property – contact us today.
Enjoy the read!
What is a Good Hotel Occupancy Rate?
Hotel Occupancy Rate is one of the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for hoteliers as it is directly related to revenue. For many hotels, an ideal occupancy rate is between 70% and 95% – though the sweet spot depends on the number of rooms, location, type of hotel, target guests, and more. Read further to have a clear understanding of what is occupancy rate for hotels, its importance, how to calculate it, and the ideal occupancy percentage. By the end of the article, you’ll be able to calculate occupancy rates (and RevPAR) and the ideal occupancy rate for your hotel- https://lnkd.in/dXVqeUbD
Asians are ready to explore the world
India emerged most confident with 86% of India travelers stating they intend to travel in the next 12 months; followed closely by Vietnam and China.
Strong outlook for European tourism
Short- and medium-haul travel to continue driving European tourism recovery, while arrivals from long-haul markets still lag significantly behind.
Top Summer Travel Trends to Look for in North America in 2022
Americans are all set to hit the road this summer. As per a recent market study by the American Express, this year 74% of the citizens are to book a trip, irrespective of the fact that they might need to modify it. With revenge travel firmly setting in, people are looking forward to creating experiences with renewed focus on workation and sustainable leisure tourism. Here we summarize the key findings on top summer travel trends and booking behavior of North Americans – https://lnkd.in/dST9SJRj
How hotels win on Paid Search in 2022
With Google Ads – and specifically Search Ads – hoteliers can get their business in front of potential customers and get the right people to their website.
The Hotels Network: Destination and hotel direct channel market data in Italy.
Identifying summer market opportunities to boost direct channel performance and destination awareness.