Here is your weekly industry news round-up. Check out the short snippets here and follow below for more details.
- With Google dominating the market, and around 15% of the hotel reservations coming from metasearch, make sure hotel is marketing on metasearch channels – read to know how.
- Hotel automation is moving to new levels – check out what this New Orleans based hotel is doing differently.
- Major travel booking sites focus on making online travel planning even more easy and intuitive through better search results.
- Rakuten shares outcomes from recent research showcasing how travellers search, influencer channels by generation and various other interesting trends.
- Innovative hotels are using NFTs to attract international travelers. In 2021 alone, NFTs transacted for more than $17 billion, generating earnings of more than $5 billion. Find out more about NFTs in the last news piece.
Reach out to us for discussions regarding connectivity, direct booking, rate intelligence, website design and digital marketing requirements – we are happy to explore new possibilities with you for your property – contact us today.
Enjoy the read!
Metasearch – Hotel’s Best Friend to Drive More Direct Bookings
Online booking is now a key source of hotel bookings & metasearch plays a major role. The moment a user types a location on Google, multiple options are displayed along with the price and details of the same hotel on different sites. The facility of comparison before booking makes 94% of the travelers find the best deal on metasearch. Know more tips to win metasearch bookings – https://lnkd.in/gXrPeka6
Welcome to the world of hotel automation
Guests staying at a Sextant hotel in New Orleans check in without any interaction with a human being. They’re greeted by a virtual concierge visible on a computer monitor but based thousands of miles away.
Online travel planning is getting easier
Airbnb, Google Travel and a few other platforms have tweaked their search engines, and that means less slogging through pages and pages of results.
How consumers search for travel deals
Brands are benefitting from consumers searching for affiliate channels and loyalty sites, especially when looking for hotel accommodations.
How hotels are using NFTs to attract travelers
NFTs are appealing to international travelers, especially Gen Z & Millennials who are early adopters.