- Customer analysis
- Establishing aims of the channel
- Specifying tasks of distribution
- Assessment and choosing any channel substitute
- Assessment of performance of Channel Member
A good hotel website that is rich in content can help you to attract potential customers and influence them enough to book a room in your hotel. Good content can also improve your hotel website’s search engine ranking. Here are 6 types of great content for your hotel website that can increase bookings.
- New menu
If you have just released a new menu, you have to announce the same. Use your hotel website to allow guests to find out you are preparing new mouthwatering dishes in your in-hotel restaurant. This can provide them with a good reason to check out your online menu. It can fill them up with enough anticipation to make a reservation. It can even attract local guests who are loyal to your business and who might like to often dine at your restaurant.
- Top local attractions
Write down about the places of interest in your area, and all that the region has on offer for travelers. Sharing such information can show travelers that you are knowledgeable and assistive, and the content can also attract random people looking for those topics on Google and other search engines. You may also write about the best restaurants, walking routes, shops etc in your area.
- Upcoming events
If there are upcoming events in your region, you may cover them as well, similar to the local attractions. You can write down various details regarding the event, such as the number of people who are anticipated to attend it, how far the venue is from your hotel etc. Write down whether a special discount is being offered with the tickets.
- Holiday content
You can create content that is related to holiday events. Mention whether your hotel would be offering complementary wine on Valentine’s Day upon arrival or free dinner to moms on Mother’s Day. You may write a post about a treasure hunt that you might be hosting on Easter at your hotel or the top 5 foods to have in your in-hotel restaurant for Christmas dinner. When you create content timely around particular holidays, you can attract customers enough to turn them into your hotel guests.
- Video tour
You may also make a video tour of your own hotel property. It can transport guests straight to your hotel property via their PC / mobile screen. You can hire a professional to shoot high-quality videos that can portray your hotel with all the vivid details, lending a personal touch to the same. You may walk guests straight through the outdoor spaces, restaurants, common areas such as lounge, rooms, suites and more. All these can help customers get a bigger and better view of your hotel property.
- New feature
You may also use your hotel website to announce any new feature that you have added at your hotel, such as a redecorated restaurant, Jacuzzi baths, king-size beds in all rooms, spa facility, gym, swimming pool etc. Basically, if you have bettered your hotel in any way, let potential guests know about the same.
These days, it is important for hospitality businesses to have a website of their own. Whether you have a small hotel in a quiet town in the country or running an independent hotel or managing hotel chains in some of the best destinations across the world, you have to know how to develop and design a hotel website that grabs the attention of your targeted market and makes travelers interested enough to drive bookings. When you are building a website for your hotel property, here are some important factors that you have to take into account.
You would like your website visitors to keep your hotel brand in consideration. For this reason, you have to consistently showcase your brand through your whole website. A lively color scheme and logo will let you establish a wonderful identity and let you associate with your target audience and establish a personal relationship.
Your site’s features have to be appealing to the wants and needs of your target market. In case your hotel is targeted at luxury vacationers, you have to post lovely images of the fantastic amenities in your hotel property. Post content that can be attractive to your audience. If you like to draw travelers who are from the millennial generation, your photos have to feature active, young adults who enjoy your property completely.
Guests have to make the booking experience on your site a simple experience. This is the reason you have to spend on a hotel reservation engine that can be used easily and which also lets you boost conversions. It is also essential that you integrate a major call-to-action message such as “Book Now” to grab the attention of users.
There is no point to spend on a new site in case it cannot be found on the Google SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages). Make sure that your website content is properly optimized to rank for keywords that are relevant and is a vital factor in drawing traffic. Your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) plans are necessary to consider.
Your website has to load fully and quickly in just a few seconds. Otherwise, your hotel can be at risk of losing potential guests to competitors. Make sure that your hotel site is designed to be fast loading. Keep in mind that even a delay of 2 – 3 seconds can make users impatient enough to go to the website of your competitors and opt for whatever they have on offer, even if it means opting for a more expensive deal.
You require a website design that is responsive, and your hotel site builder has to assist you in achieving the same. A responsively designed hotel site can let your users navigate easily to your site – whether they use a mobile device or a desktop. The booking engine for your hotel should also accept mobile reservations, given that more and more travelers are making bookings with mobile devices. It can enhance the experience of users, and aid your SEO efforts.
Get Hotel Room Distribution Management and Channel manager software.
The hotel industry is gaining more popularity and the distribution is becoming easy and technically advanced. The customers who want to book the hotels are also changing and easy distribution becomes a way to gain momentum in the industry. As the distribution becomes more scientific and smooth, the trends of the hotels and its customers are evolving for building a stronger structure.
- Distribution methods and channels are increasing – the multiple online booking methods are becoming the talk of the travellers. They keep using these platforms as and when they find it beneficial. The hotels are also expanding their network and finding channels like the travel agents who work online and the other areas through which they can ensure further bookings of their services. The main thing is to choose the most important channels that will give the hotels maximum benefits in booking.
- Metasearch engines and their extensive uses – This is a new way for marketing for the hotels. The sites can provide a lot of information that these search engines use for providing the viewer’s their choice of information. The use of these search engines has helped the travellers and the hotels too. They can compare the rates and accommodation choices and then choose the hotel that is best for them. The hotels are listing themselves in the metasearch so that they get a boost for their business.
- Cost reduction also helps – the travel agents are there to take care of their commissions but these online distribution channels often save the commission payments for the hotels. The booking generated through their own website often makes it easier for the travellers. The social media and the metasearch engines are there to drive direct bookings and eliminate the commission based agents who often can charge exorbitant from the travellers.
- Varied stay options beyond regular – There are different ways of booking accommodations. The travellers try these ways for staying at different times in the hotels. Vacation rentals are such options that the hotels use to list the properties and the other information regarding the availability and the charges of the rooms. The traveller now has got more choices and easy way to opt for such choices.
- Blockchain also helps in eliminating commission payments – This is another technology that the hotels use to build up records for proper room occupancy, inventory and rates of the rooms. The information helps customers and help eliminating OTA and other third-party platforms that survives on commission. As this is a new technology – the hotels have not used its full potential to eliminate extra cost.
- Tools and technologies from OTAs – The modern technology has also evolved for the OTAs and they are trying to bring about changes in the way they work. They are taking to advanced technology and preparing tools through which they can offer their service for the hoteliers. This also helps the hotel owners and the travellers at the same time.
- Expert channel managers and their efficiency – The channel managers are taking care of the hotel administration and are getting better results for the industry. The hotels are hiring the channel managers who are experienced and have given good results. The expertise and knowledge of these professionals are changing the way the hotels and the travellers are working for each other.
These are some of the new trends and easy ways to bring about work distribution in the hotel industry. These will either improve or they may give in to better and more advanced ways to take care of the services and rates.
To know more about Online Hotel Distribution System, visit https://www.erevmax.com/
Every day, new marketing techniques and tools are launched almost every week – which increases the complexity of the marketing sector. Experts have different ideas and opinions about how holidays will be like two or three decades from now. The possibilities are limitless.
Virtual travel will be ‘in’:
Travel is likely to become virtual In the future. By the year 2050, holidays for most people will be about enjoying the popular as well as not so popular attractions of the world from the comfort of home. Time travel will be in, and it will be possible for travellers to visit New Orleans before Hurricane Katrina ravaged it or seeing the Pyramids right after their completion – all through virtual reality. They will be able to customize their surroundings and the weather, and also get a digital tour guide. They can also make situational or hypothetical travel – such as visiting the Taj Mahal without the tourists. This will help them remove the stress of travel without needing to visit the locations actually.
More personalized travel experience:
Travel brands, in order to get brand recognition and loyalty, need to make use of customer data in such a way that shoppers can get value. The travel marketing techniques are likely to be made more personalized to help customers find the most relevant travel products and ideas for their choices – whether it comes to room, hotel, airline, airport or occupancy duration type.
While retargeting has existed for quite a few years, it is expected to see more innovation. Travel companies will use live user session user profiling in real-time, which would allow a smarter retargeting that offers more relevant recommendations and information to users. For travel brands, it can increase the ROI significantly on every interaction.
Use of Chatbot technology:
Travel brands are making increasing use of the chatbot technology from companies such as Amazon, Expedia and Skyscanner, in an attempt to pre-empt the purchase requirements of customers. The use of Cortana or Alexa can be expected sooner rather than later.
Use of PWAs (progressive web apps):
These come with all the good things about mobile websites and mobile-based applications. These are delivered online and act just like native apps. PWAs help sell holidays quickly and form an important part of the overall user experience. The programs also operate in areas with inferior connectivity or in those spots where connectivity drops and comes – as in cars or trains. These will help travellers on the move.
Property Management System (PMS) is important for hotel properties, and here are a few signs to indicate when it needs a change.
With changes in time, the needs of your hotel tend to change and the goals and requirements of your hotel property, staffs and guests change as well. The Property Management System (PMS) of your hotel has a short longevity. Here are a few signs that will indicate when your PMS needs a change.
Less control / idea about hotel operations
The main purpose of a Property Management System is to smoothly manage the operations of your hotel. The long-term success of your hotel depends on a PMS that satisfies the reporting requirements of your hotel. In case the existing system makes it impossible or tough for you to generate the numbers required for your business’ growth or evaluation, you should look for a new PMS that makes the job easy. With a good PMS, you can create customized reports and filter, export and sort the data that you need.
Your existing PMS frustrates employees
The actual worth of a PMS is defined basically by those who use it every day. If your staffs complain that the existing system in your organization is buggy, slow and comes with poor support, it is better that you get in touch with a new PMS that is known to offer a better user experience and uptime. A strong Property Management System makes even complicated tasks simpler, and ensures that everything is automated and each process is streamlined.
Your PMS requires 3rd party app integration
With PMS, it is often complained that these do not integrate or important communication tools and features cannot be implemented fully. If the existing PMS in your workplace is showing its age, and seems to be outdated enough as far as features and integration go, it is important to go for a new one. It is important for your PMS to be cloud-based and ensure that its data can be accessed in real-time in all departments.
You are paying higher maintenance and vendor support costs
If the support and service for your PMS is costing you in terms of money and time, and your business productivity has taken a hit as well, you need a change in the system. With on-site systems, continuous upgrades are involved and these can become costly.
Need for better ROI
With a cloud PMS, you can save on the initial expenses involved with costly software and hardware, thus reducing your overall ownership expenses. These are designed to offer more security, reliability, data backups and high performance.
Whether a guest books a room online or with a tour operator, your PMS stays updated through RateTiger. Contact us today – email@example.com
Additionally, 40 percent of travellers travels with three or more electronic devices, so mobile optimised websites are one of the most important factor to the tech-savvy travellers these days. eRevMax suggests hoteliers to provide the service for free to guests who enroll for their select programs, for starters. Such services may be made exclusive for gold and platinum level members or accessible in lobbies of full-service properties.
being reliable and easy-to-use, respectively, and the majority would recommend the software to others.
Read the full story here