Here is your weekly industry news round-up. Check out the short snippets here and follow below for more details.
- The tourism industry is on its comeback post covid. As per UNWTO World Tourism Barometer, international tourism has recovered 60% of the pre-pandemic level from January-July 2022
- Integrating Photo API into your hotel channel manager is the key to boosting your hotel’s listings with the medium of images that narrates your hotel’s story.
- Though World Cup 2022 expects to drive mass tourists to Qatar in November & December, STC reports the same level of bookings as last year.
- Keen on their determination to go non-plastic and Net Zero Carbon organization by 2050 Avani hotels commit to a greener future of sustainable tourism.
- OYO World Tourism Day study reports June 2022 was the biggest travel month in India since the pandemic.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to streamline the workflow between the front end and back end of the hospitality service, cutting down the labor cost and reducing manual errors.
Reach out to us for discussions regarding connectivity, direct booking, rate intelligence, website design, and digital marketing requirements – we are happy to explore new possibilities with you for your property – contact us today.
Enjoy the read!
Tourism Industry on its comeback to the pre-pandemic level
The international tourism industry shows a strong sign of recovery in 2022. Europe and the Middle East showed the fastest recovery in January-July 2022, with arrivals reaching 74% and 76% of 2019 levels respectively.
Boost the best of your property with Photo API
An image speaks a thousand words. And when it comes to securing guest attention, visuals give hotels the power to tell their property’s story. Photo API gives you the power to create that impact on traveler’s mind to make a booking in your hotel. All you need to do is integrate the API with the hotel channel manager or CRS. To know how visit:
World Cup Bringing the Region Together in Dubai
The World Cup 2022, to be held from mid-November to December, is the largest high-profile event of 2022 to take place in Qatar. With the entire world looking forward to it, new infrastructures and hotels have been developed and other GCC nations bringing a direct impact on the contribution of the travel and tourism industry towards the local economy of Qatar. It will be exciting to see the growing impact of the event on Qatar and surrounding countries as the event nears in the next few weeks and months.
Avani Hotel Commits to A Greener Future of Sustainable Tourism
Announcing its decision to support the global travel ecosystem, Avani adds over 30 properties across the globe to the list of signatories to the UNESCO Sustainable Travel Pledge. In its pledge to become a Net Zero Carbon organization by 2050 Avani is introducing science-based targets for energy and has pledged to reduce the usage of single-use plastic by 75% by 2024.
June 2022: The Biggest Travel Month in India post-pandemic
Booking data studied by OYO from January 2022 – September 2022 highlights a 62 percent uptick in leisure tourism between January -September 2022 as compared to the same period last year. This growth is attributed to high consumer confidence combined with unprecedented pent-up demand in travel across India.
Robotic Process Automation to fill the shortage of manual labour
Hotel operators are facing intense pressure to mitigate rising labor costs while still providing exemplary customer service. May 2022 AHLA survey, 97% of hotels indicated they are experiencing a staffing shortage, 49% severely so. Survey respondents indicated they had hired an additional 23 employees per property in the last three months but were also trying to fill an additional 12 positions. Searching for solutions, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) comes to the rescue.