Here is your weekly industry news round-up. Check out the short snippets here and follow below for more details.
- RateTiger’s Channel Connectivity has helped Bel Air Hospitality improve revenue and occupancy – find out how.
- Excellence in hotel operations means happier guests, better staff, and more profits for your investors – check out why Operations should be your No. 1 focus area.
- Metasearch is playing a bigger role in hotel bookings – read on to know how you can make it work for your property.
- Expedia published top insights that hotels can leverage for a successful end of 2022.
- Offline reservations still make up a quarter of total European hotel bookings. Know what you should be doing to attract more direct and walk-ins.
- Reviews have never been more important in travelers’ decision-making process. Keep a close eye on guest reviews to generate more bookings.
Reach out to us for discussions regarding connectivity, direct booking, rate intelligence, website design and digital marketing requirements – we are happy to explore new possibilities with you for your property – contact us today.
Enjoy the read!
Bel Air Hospitality Gets Back to Business Recovery with RateTiger Channel Manager
Why operations should be your #1 priority now
To succeed in hospitality today, you need to focus on operations above all else: sales, marketing, design, technology, or revenue management.
How does Hotel Metasearch Work?
A metasearch engine works by taking a traveler’s query and generating the related search. For instance, if a traveler is looking for hotels in a particular place for so and so dates, then these metasearch websites will generate search results showcasing the property name, location, room type, room rates and so on. Read this article to know the best ways to work with metasearch – https://lnkd.in/gqJSBsgT
Five trends hotels can leverage for a successful end of 2022
Expedia data suggests many positive trends for the travel industry, including an increase in long-haul travel, higher hotel average daily rates, and lower cancellation rates.
More than half of guests book their European accommodations directly with hotels
All in all, direct online bookings, booking through online travel platforms, and social media made up 64.6 percent of all European hotel bookings in 2022, according to new data from Statista.
Social proof becomes make-or-break point for vacation booking
According to a new study, 82 percent of travelers won’t book their stay at a property without having first consulted consumer reviews – making them the make-or-break points for a vacation booking.