Here is your weekly industry news round-up. Check out the short snippets here and follow below for more details.
- Malta based Osborne Hotel experiences consistent growth with RateTiger Channel Manager and Rate Shopper. Read more in the first news below.
- Booking Holdings Inc. shares slumped after the company indicated that the pace of growth is moderating globally, putting a damper on the market’s expectations for a strong summer travel season.
- Starting this August, Expedia Group’s new search and sort factors will begin to affect sort order, giving the guest experience you offer more impact on your visibility.
- Is it Really the End of Cookies? Though Google is crumbling cookies, this is your opportunity to reshape your advertising skills and focus on direct booking building a one-on-one direct relationship with the travelers.
- Shoulder season bookings are increasing substantially year over year. Blended travel—business and leisure travel together—provides greater flexibility and has empowered the traveler of today.
- Know Google’s three best practices to capture travel demand. For partners, such as airlines and hotels, the uptick in search activity is a positive sign, but one that still requires strategy to determine how to convert that consumer interest into bookings.
Reach out to us for discussions regarding connectivity, direct booking, rate intelligence, website design and digital marketing requirements – we are happy to explore new possibilities with you for your property – contact us today.
Enjoy the read!
Malta based Osborne Hotel improves online revenue with RateTiger
Osborne Hotel, a 3-star luxury property in Valletta, has strongly recommended RateTiger as its technology partner of choice for hotel rate shopping, channel management and online distribution.
Booking forecasts record sales, confirming strength in travel
Booking reported total sales that nearly doubled to $4.29 billion in the second quarter, casting away doubts about weak consumer sentiment impeding travel plans.
A quick guide to Expedia’s Search and Sort Factors update
Starting this August, Expedia Group is releasing new Search and Sort Factors in their marketplace that will affect how hotels appear in Expedia’s search results. Sign in to Expedia Group Partner Central to learn what you can do to achieve the best results on Expedia Group sites moving forward. You can regularly review these factors to see how you are performing and find recommended actions to help you continuously improve and compete in your market.
The End of Third-party Cookies – or is it?
Cookies are everyone’s favorite. Whether you are a kid munching them or a marketer using them to track users’ online behavior and run your ads to them, we all love cookies. But unfortunately, Google is ready to say goodbye to third-party cookies in 2023. Read on to understand what cookies are, what do they do and why Google is crumbling the third party cookies.
Why shoulder season is the next big travel trend
Seasonal high peak destinations are no longer getting the cold shoulder during shoulder season – thanks, in part, to people working remotely.
Google sees uptick in travel search activity
Searches for places to visit in the summer were up in Q2 two times globally year-over-year and searches for last-minute hotel deals were up 50%.